This is a special dish made as an offering when the mother goddess is worshipped. Known as Gudanna. This dish symbolizes the nurturing quality of the divine feminine as it is rich in nutrients.
2 cups white rice—I prefer Ambemor or chandini.
8 cups water (water proportions could vary depending on the rice.)
1 cup jaggery* can be altered to taste
¼ cup ghee
1 cup of mixed dried fruits.
Pinch of cardamom.
- Wash the rice add 8 cups of water, and boil, when the water comes to a boil turn the flame down and cook it for 15-20mnts (the water evaporates and the rice is cooked.)
- In a wok heat ¼ cup of ghee,
- Add in the dry fruits sauté for a minute
- Add in the cardamom
- Add the jaggery mix well to make a smooth mixture now add in the cooked rice and mix well.
- turn off the flame.
- *sweetener made from extract of Sugar cane.