Baking time 1 hr.
- Milkmaid sweetened condensed milk 1tin
- Butter 100gm
- Sugar ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Maida 2 cups
- Baking powder 1tsp
- Soda bicarbonate tsp.
- Cinnamon powder ½ tsp.
- Nutmeg powder ½ tsp.
- Dried fruits chopped 1 ½ cup
- Aerated soda 150ml.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC
- Grease an 8”square cake tin with ½ tsp butter.
- Heat sugar in a pan till it melts and becomes brown. Add warm water to make caramel syrup and keep aside.
- Mix tbsp. Maida to chopped fruits to the fruits with flour and keep aside.
- Soften butter in a pan
- Beat in milkmaid
- Fold the sifted Maida with milkmaid, butter mixture alternating with aerated soda and caramel syrup until all are over.
- Add the chopped dry fruits; fold into the mix carefully with minimum movement.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake for at 180o for an hour or till the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven, cool for a while loosen the sides of cake using knife if necessary turnout over a wire rack/plate lined with cloth and cool slightly before cutting into pieces.